A plant bowl and a hydrating capsule to be inserted in the centre of the bowl, both handcrafted from start to finish in the best quality terracotta.
The capsule is to be filled with water and water dissipates into the surrounding soil with the help of osmotic pressure. To start the process one needs to remoisten the soil a little. Plant succulents or herbs and all you need to do is refill the capsule every 4-5 days.
Instructions for use
- Fill the hydrating capsule with water and place it in the centre of the plant bowl.
- Fill the plant bowl with slightly moistened soil and plant seeds or saplings (small indoor or outdoor plants).
- Check the water level regularly and refill the capsule as needed. The capsule usually needs a refill every 4-5 days.
- Make sure the capsule is covered with the lid to prevent evaporation and mosquito breeding.
- A small amount of liquid plant food can also be dissolved in the water to let nutrients flow steadily into the soil along with the water.
- Herbs, Ferns, anthuriums, fittonia, and small indoor plants which are water sensitive
Plant Bowl: 20 cms (diameter) | 10 cms (height)
Hydrating capsule: 8 cms (diameter at bottom) | 11 cms (height)